Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sweep

Ok, so I've been reading the Sweep series by Cate Tiernan.  I'm six books in and I have to admit I like it.  It is the story of Morgan Rowlands, a sixteen year old high school girl, who finds out she's a witch.  The books follow her journey into her witch heritage, growing as a witch, and the trials of just being a teenager. 

It's fun and entertaining and you actually pick up bits of knowledge about Wicca, Gaelic folklore, runes, etc.  I like it.  For the first three books I had a problems with one of the characters because I knew I was supposed to like them wholeheartedly but I just couldn't.  I know that's evil to say but I thank Tiernan for not making all the characters straightforward and boring.  The people change and grow and its wonderful to watch.  That's resolved and now I'm on a desperate hunt to find Volume 3 of the series.

Oh, the list of books if you are interested:
Book of Shadows
The Coven
Bloodwitch
Dark Magic
Awakening
Spellbound

No comments:

Post a Comment